Thursday, February 24, 2011

White Denim?

Let’s talk about white denim pants for summer, shall we? I think that the white denim look gives that beachy, Hamptons look that summer really owns. From what I have seen thus far, they look utterly fantastic on all the models and manicans wearing them throughout the stores and on the runway.


Here is my issue with white denim: IT IS WHITE DENIM. As I mentioned, these whity-tighty jeans look fabulous on 6’2, 120 pound women. The rest of us (as I look in my bathroom mirror) cannot pull off white denim. Holy rolls! Right?!

Let me voice another concern I have for white this summer: White is unforgiving. Not only will it show every bump, roll and cellulite crevice on my thighs and butt, it will also show every dust spec or grass stain. But, I must confess...I personally may go to my local department store and secretly try on these jeans, but unless I can get them for under $10.00 (you know me), it’s not happening.

HOWEVER, and that's a big however, I do think that when accessorized correctly, anyone can pull off this look. I especially like the matchstick white  jeans paired with a loose top, fitted blazer and brightly colored pumps.

Tell me what you think? Yes to white denim or no?




No comments:

Post a Comment