Thursday, February 3, 2011

Obsession: Blazers

Can I just tell you how UTTERLY obsessed I am with blazers right now? I love the way they look on the hanger, I love the way they look on me, and I love how I feel in them. I recently purchased a men’s blazer from my local Savers thrift store for a mere $4.00. Yes, that’s right, $4.00. The tailoring is impeccable and it fits my curves wonderfully. Keep in mind that I bought this in the men’s section at the thrift shop.

This is one tip I want to shout from the rooftops: Just because you are a woman, doesn’t mean you need to wear women’s clothing all the time. Next time you are in Goodwill, or browsing through racks of clothing at a garage sale or flea market, walk past the dresses and fitted blouses and go straight for the men’s clothing. Yes, I have had a few odd glances from old men and teenage boys as I try on jackets and button-up shirts in their midst. But who cares what they think. Once paired with a skinny belt, fantastic pumps and fabulous accessories, no one will even know it came from the men’s department. No one but you.



No comments:

Post a Comment