Saturday, February 26, 2011

Favorite Fall 2011 Looks: Yigal Azrouel + Anna Sui

The crème de la crème have gathered to display their Fall 2011 collections at Fashion Week. As with any work of art, these masterpieces have been checked and double checked to make sure every seam, sequence and bobble are where they need to be. Well, I would like to take a look at two fashion designers who recently took their walk down the infamous runway. Anna Sui’s and Yigal Azrouel’s collections really stood out amidst all the silver and taupes (Micheal Kors, cough, cough).

 
Yigal Azrouel. Sigh. I really love this collection and wish every piece was hanging in my closet right now. What I loved about Azrouel’s collection was the use of separates. The coats were gorgeous, but the real show stoppers, for me anyway, were the use of my two personal wardrobe staples, the traditional button-down and the sweater vest. Azrouel mixed both elements with pencil skits and slacks, showing the versatility of these two pieces. My favorite of this collection is the shown above. I adore these tangerine capris with the loafers, button down and sweater vest. This look feels so effortlessly chic. J’adore. See Yigal's full collection HERE.

Anna Sui’s collection was combined whimsical lines and patterns with structured shapes and seems. As seen in the image above, Sui masterfully mixed a caftan with a cape, mini skirt and traditional Mary Jane shoes.  See Anna's full collection HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment