Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tip: Repurposed Sweaters

Winter is on its way out, thankfully. Your sweaters have been worn repeatedly, keeping you warm while still keeping you chic. Winter wear is an investment, we totally understand, that is why this next tip is perfect for those sweaters who have seen better days. If you are like me, I cannot keep my sweaters looking new. I snag them constantly, either with the skinny belts I am wearing, on my coat zipper or just with my wedding ring. I definitely do not want to throw my sweaters out.

Thankfully, we have Martha. That’s right, Martha Stewart, to give our sweaters a second life. In her January 2011 issue, Martha suggested repurposing our old sweaters by simply stitching over the snag or small hole with a different-colored thread than the sweater’s. Hmm, genius or madness? Genius, I say. Martha even gives a few unique stitches to make the patchwork look great. We love the idea of a dash of color here or there. We especially love Martha’s suggestion for re-enforcing buttonholes with a different thread. Hey, Tommy Hilfiger does it, why can’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment