Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring!

Buds are beginning to form on the trees, the sun is finally making its debut after a long, dreary winter and the temperature is finally rising. What do all of these fabulous signs mean? Spring, our dearest friend, is on her way. As we have seen on the runway throughout the various fashion weeks, spring 2011 is going to be totally fab!

With the chilling weather dissipating, I have found myself getting spring fever, which has almost pushed me to spend hundreds of dollars on a new spring wardrobe. I do not have hundreds of dollars, however, and I know I'm not alone. So, here are a few items to freshen up your existing spring wardrobe. 

A stylish trench
·         Spring, although my favorite season, can sometimes be unpredictable. A trench coat is the perfect springtime companion, as it is the ideal weight to keep you at a balanced temperature. Plus, trenches are totally timeless, so if you invest in one this season, you can definitely count on wearing it for many seasons to come. 

Springtime hues for makeup and clothing
·         When you think of spring colors, what comes to mind? For me, I think of the gorgeous yellows of the daffodils, the grass that has finally turned green and the bright pinks and oranges and the rich reds and purples of tulips and hyacinths. Well, these natural colors have translated to this spring's must-wear colors. 

A pair of skinny jeans
·         Oh the skinny jean. I must admit that I was not the biggest fan of skinny jeans for the longest time and refused to purchase a pair. I have since been converted and wear mine almost every day. I suggest you take the time to find a pair of skinnies that you feel sexy in. Yes, we know that finding and buying jeans is one of the most difficult  processes, but it will be totally worth it.


A night out, casual work-wear, Saturday lounging … you can wear skinny jeans several ways for spring.

1 comment: