Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Art of Saving


Being thrifty is both an art and a science, and although you may not be a fan of either subject, perfecting both for thrift's sake, is a necessity.
Take this outfit, for instance. You have heard me prattling on about my obsession for blazers lately, and so I wanted to base my thrifty look around a particular Tweed blazer I just scored from my local Savers Thrift Store. As you can see from the image below, my boots were the only things I wore with this outfit that were not found in a thrift store. But, even these boots, were a thrifty item, as I bought them for almost 70 percent off. I know, right?

Always, always, always watch for sales, even at your thrift stores. The blazer, dress shirt and blue skinny belt were all purchased on a Monday at Savers. Monday is a very special day, as select items are either $.99 or half off. Many thrift stores will even give you a coupon if you donate clothes. Do your homework, know when holiday or select-tag sales are, and you will SAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment